My days in Montserrat

Because I have nothing interesting, witty or fun to talk about today I will share some pics with you all :)


A few years ago I got the chance to visit the tiny island of Montserrat you can read about this island here.

It is quite close to Antigua... and is I believe the only island that still has an active volcano on it...anyway I went with 4 of my friends... all of which were male... me and 4 guys.... I thought it was going to be weird but it was actually pretty chill... 3 of us lived in the same loft building downtown (1 i knew from college too) and the other 2 were friends of theirs...

Anyway we spent a week on a tiny non touristy island in a private 4 bedroom villa that had our own car, pool & cleaning lady! Yes it was expensive but SO worth it!!

We had to take a scary tiny plane from Antigua to Montserrat... this is how close I was to the pilot!


The entire plane....



The view from the plane



Yay we are finally here!
Know it! Love it! Show it!


Our Villa....




Our backyard... steps to the Caribbean Sea!



We even had our very own waterfall!



Oh and a private beach :)


We found turtle tracks...


Turtle eggs!!!!


They had interesting signs like this all over town...




We went out one night to see how the locals party... we realized that they open their windows and dj with speakers facing the streets...

hehe I even got to rock the mic and give a few shout outs to my buddies across the street... YES i actually went into this guys house... but how else could I be an MC in Montserrat?? lol


We then went across the street to the bar... yeah it was someones basement LOL... HEY when in rome... err or Mont do as the Monts do!



He had this hilarious sign in his basement


This was my friend.. lets call him Wilson... wilson was the town drunk... wilson liked Far.... yes even in far away lands I attract the cream of the crop!!



So as I mentioned there is an active volcano on this island and a few years before we went there they had an eruption and one whole side of the island had to evacuate.. they left behind their houses, cars & lives.... we had a private guide give us a tour of this side of the island.. EVERYTHING was still covered in ash from the eruption as you can see it was pretty unreal to see....

The Volcano






Someones home... you can see visitors have written on the outside doors over the years...


Inside that home... They had to leave everything behind including clothes that were still laid out and video game controllers that were still on the floor as seen below...



The town from the hilltop above...


Ive been lucky enough to travel to some very interesting places but this is by far one of my favs.. the people on this island are unbelievably friendly (most are Canadians, Brits & Americans who have retired to this island) and I would totally recommend this to anyone... I believe you can even do day trips to Mont if you are in Antigua.

Well I hope this was educational lol.. before my friends told me about this island I had never even heard of it so im passing the word along :)

Stay Pretty ;)

xoxo Far

7 COMMENTS:

Melly Mel said...

WOW...I have never heard of this island either looks like a very intersting place.

Mandy said...

WOW! Looks absolutely wonderful!! Sounds like a great place to visit.

So@24 said...

I'm seething with jealousy. That is SO awesome.

Guh.

Little Fish said...

I'm jealous!! That sounds absolutely amazing and there is nothing better then partying with locals!!

Juanita Harris said...

Wow! That is so cool. Great pics...I so wish I could have an escape like that :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are so lucky! I want to travel everywhere, and you're already out there doing it =]

Dave Q. said...

Cool! This was actually very educational. Didn't think I would ever have the urge to visit Antigua! :)


Email Me :)

Like my blog? Wanna say hi or tell me I suck? Want my advice cuz you think im qualified to give it? Then email me cuz I'd love to hear from you! Everydaysoap@gmail.com

Followers

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

About Me

My photo
The in's and out's of my sometimes crazy, almost always amusing life.... A little beauty, a little gossip, a little humor... a little of just about everything ;)

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Awards ;)

    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    

    Im a member of...