Soo I dont celebrate christmas...

Yeah that's right I don't celebrate xmas... always wanted to but never have (due to religion in case you were wondering). It didn't bother me much growing up because I grew up in an area where most others didn't celebrate it either but there was always a small part of me that would light up when I was out and about and saw anything christmasy.

As Ive grown older and realized that this time of year has less to do with religion Ive grown to embrace and enjoy it. The multi colored lights that outline each house in every city and suburb, the festive music that somehow makes you want to sing along and bop your head from side to side, the friendlier attitudes of people on the streets, the wicked sales at the mall lol..

I love it all so much that this year I decided that Im going to put up lights in the condo and get a holiday tree... my very first tree...


Ok so its about 8 inches tall and has no leaves but HEY its a start lol... Im working on the lights.. perhaps this weekend ill put them up and post pics...

I wonder what kinda gifts (to myself) I could fit under this tiny tree... hmm.. lipgloss, a new toothbrush, a mini Buddha for my collection, a package of gum, a new set of diamond stud earrings, batteries, tea light candles..... what else?

Im very excited about my holiday tree addition it just adds something to the condo... I would have got some mistletoe too but you know... I live alone... and im very single sooo it really wouldn't get much use me thinks.
Speaking of mistletoe check out this comic...

Stay Pretty and happy holidays :)

Labels: , ,

22 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Cute little tree!

Matt said...

Mistletoe...

yeah.

Thats what I need. Maybe if I hang it, girls will come?

Its worth a try.

Bird * said...

You don't have to be a christian to celebrate x-mas! I am not a christian, but do celebrate x-mas simply for the gifs ;) (the gifts i GIVE)

no x-mas tree for me this year, but I will display my Holiday Celebration Barbies...

Lisa said...

Happy first Christmas tree!

Anonymous said...

Love the tree - maybe I can get you something for underneath it :)

As for the mistletoe...perhaps you should skip that this year and focus on the tree decorating hun! Hahaha...one new thing at a time!

HAPPY HOLIDAY DECORATING!!!

Andy - Instafather said...

I'm glad you got your first tree- maybe you should put mistletoe above it and see what happens...

Unknown said...

I haven't hung mistletoe since I left my parents, they were prone to making out under it and it left a mark. A scary scary mark.

Lisa said...

sorry, happy first holiday tree!

Himbo said...

Aw..! I'm excited for you. Hang mistletoe anyway. You never know who might end up in your apartment. I'm not going to ask what the batteries are for.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww~~~you finally got one. I'm still fighting to get mine!LOL

Liana said...

i love that you ask for a toothbrush!!

The Loss Adjuster said...

Very, very true. In fact, I'd imagine that only a small percentage of people who celebrate Christmas are actually Christians. I know I'm not and I still celebrate the thing. I like to compare it to St. Patrick's Day or Halloween. Sure, it means something to someone, but it's really more about love and community and fun.

Bon Don said...

awwww, I need a little tree like that for my desk!

congrats on the new tradition, you can't go wrong with pretty lights fun music and shopping!

KA said...

Congratulations on your very very pretty tree. It's adorable. I'm glad youre embracing this holiday, i love it so, and i'm an atheist.

Himbo said...

I haven't decorated for Christmas in a couple of years but I usually forgo the traditional pine or evergreen and I luxuriofy a palm tree! That's how I roll! I grew up in Palm Springs where everyone has palm trees and they all get deco'd for xmas. I liked bringing that tradition with me after I moved out of the desert.

-Him

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

But maybe the mistletoe would at least give you an excuse to make-out with a cute boy. All you'd need to worry about is getting him inside your condo. Let the green stuff do the rest of the work. ha.

S. said...

Sweet Tree! Can't wait to see the lights!

Little Fish said...

I think your tree is adorable.

I don't celebrate Christmas either, but I grew up in a very culturally diverse place and so was lucky enough to always be invited to places where various other religous and cultural events were celebrated.

While I don't really have any desire to celebrate Christmas I love this time of year; the lights, the smells, the singing. So I say, if it makes you happy to have a tree, have a tree!

Happy Holidays!

PS- Does the rule about kissing under the mistletoe apply to Jews and Muslims? If it does I think you and I should run out and find mistletoe and some cute boys quick.

MY said...

Girl, we need to talk. I think we have more in common than we are aware of.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

nice tree and i always thought santa was into beastiality lol rawdawgbuffalo

E-Claire said...

A budha under the christmas tree, thats wonderful! Way to promote peace between religions, I love it!

I'm not christian, but I think the whole 'Christmas Spirit' thing should cross religious divides. :) Holiday Tree is a term I will be using.

clnmike said...

That is a nice tree to start off with.


Email Me :)

Like my blog? Wanna say hi or tell me I suck? Want my advice cuz you think im qualified to give it? Then email me cuz I'd love to hear from you! Everydaysoap@gmail.com

Followers

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

About Me

My photo
The in's and out's of my sometimes crazy, almost always amusing life.... A little beauty, a little gossip, a little humor... a little of just about everything ;)

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Awards ;)

    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    

    Im a member of...