Am I Approaching The Cougar Age??

So I turn 30 next month (January 16th in case you want to send cards,flowers or gifts;)) and Im single so I cant help but think am I approaching the age of the "cougar"?

At what age is a woman considered a "cougar" and what exactly does being a "cougar" entail? I was curious so I did some research on the topic. This thought has crossed my mind a few times I wont lie.. Especially after this weekend where I found myself flirting with an adorable 19 year old..... well that was until I read this...

According to the Urban Dictionary here is the definition of a cougar ......
An older woman who frequents clubs in order to score with a much younger man. The cougar can be anyone from an overly surgically altered wind tunnel victim, to an absolute sad and bloated old horn-meister, to a real hottie or milf. Cougars are gaining in popularity -- particularly the true hotties -- as young men find not only a sexual high, but many times a chick with her shit together.


lol well according to this definition ill have to frequent clubs rather than the lounges I go to now because everyone knows all the "much younger men" are at the clubs not lounges, Id probably have to go get some sort of facial plastic surgery or be an old horn-meister (wth is that anyway? who writes these definitions?) or have some babies and have plastic surgery so I can be a milf...


That's a heck of a lot to go through just to become labeled a cougar no?

Ok so maybe I still have a few more years in me before I can officially be labeled a cougar but that doesn't change the fact that I will indeed be entering my 30's next month. To celebrate I will be having a huge bash out at a lounge somewhere on January 17th so if any of you dear readers,friends,stalkers...err strike that last one, are going to be in Toronto or need a reason to visit the great white north come party with me that weekend .. im not sure where yet but it will be somewhere fun downtown :) I know a few of you have said you are interested in visiting so just email me for details it would be so fun to meet you all ;)


Stay Pretty ;)

Labels: ,

17 COMMENTS:

Maxie said...

I think you have to be at least 35 to be a cougar... unless you're going to go after 18 year olds-- LOL

Matt said...

I think you have to be 35-40.

You still have time.

Brian in Mpls said...

Now I wish I was 19 and lived in Canada

Andy said...

I am all for cougars. There is nothing wrong with it. Embrace it.

Tough Girl 101 said...

Now what the hell is wrong with being a cougar? An older woman hittin it up with a younger man? Isn't that feminism? Anyway you certainly don't LOOK like a cougar.

Far said...

Lol let me just get there out there that I don't see anything wrong with being a cougar I was just wondering if I can officially call myself one now lol ;)

Little Fish said...

I just turned 31 yesterday and I have dated two 24 year olds in the last 3 years... I know... I know... don't judge!

S. said...

That cougar def was harsh! Funny though...

The Loss Adjuster said...

No, I'm pretty sure you're still too young to be considered a cougar. And even if you are a cougar, you're a gorgeous one!

...love Maegan said...

I think you have to be at least 40 to be a cougar. FOR SURE. You got a good 10 years to go.

Gabby said...

30 is too young to be a coug! My friends and I decided this last weekend, when I had had too much vodka and was flirting with a 20 year old. Disturbing, yes, but not cougar-riffic.

Gabby said...

Also....I went to Toronto for my bday (in Feb) last year! I'm jealous that you live there!

Bon Don said...

I can't make it in Jan but my bro said he would go in my place, he can take the CD with him!

Angela said...

There is a 23-year-old girl dating my 20-year-old guy friend. SHE is a cougar. Basically because i can't stand the bitch and he deserves someone WAYYY better. I think, if both the guy and girl and in their 20s, if the woman is more than two years older, it's kind of cougar-ish. So, as long as you're not trying to hit up guys much younger, you're safe.

Courtney said...

When I think "cougar", I'm thinking someone who's at least 35 to 40, depending on how young their prey is... If you're 30 going after an 18 year old, you're a cougar. If you're 30 and going after a 25 year old, I think you're good. :)

exes and oh's!,
Court

Nilsa said...

I just about fainted when you considered yourself close to cougar age. As I'm sitting here at 35 years of age. And then I fell off my chair when Maxie suggested I could be a cougar. No no no. In my mind, a cougar is going after guys AT LEAST 20 years their junior. So, unless I'm hitting on the 15 year olds, I'm definitely NOT a cougar!

Born with a big mouth! said...

you are SO far from being a cougar!!!


Email Me :)

Like my blog? Wanna say hi or tell me I suck? Want my advice cuz you think im qualified to give it? Then email me cuz I'd love to hear from you! Everydaysoap@gmail.com

Followers

About Me

My photo
The in's and out's of my sometimes crazy, almost always amusing life.... A little beauty, a little gossip, a little humor... a little of just about everything ;)

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Awards ;)

    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    

    Im a member of...