I suck at this whole Xmas thing!

So one of my best girlfriends surprised me with a gift the other day. She had wrapped it all up (I think she used medical tape instead of real tape though or maybe there is a new texturized tape im not aware of out there or maybe the store wrapped it I don't know but it was weird), and when I asked what this gift was for she said she had read my post on how I got a lil Xmas tree and how excited I was about it and how I needed gifts to go under it. Now this gift she gave me was HUGE and I laughed and said that this wont fit under my wee lil tree :( ... well she kinda just looked at me with the "seriously?" look so I accepted it and was so excited to get my first and probably only gift.

Yeah don't I open it early the very next morning! This is how our morning conversation went...

Far: hey you, thank you SO much for my gift I heart it you're the bestest!
R: You opened it already??????????
Far: oh um.......... yeah :|
R: dude you were supposed to open it Xmas morning!!!
Far: Oh um... I was?? Well you didn't tell me that...
R: Its a CHRISTMAS gift you nerd, for under your tree, you're not supposed to open Xmas presents early!
Far: Oh um.... I didn't know.. I mean I didn't think to.... OK clearly I'm Impatient and I haven't quite grasped the whole Christmas thing yet ok...
R: LOL oh Far, you're so weird.....
Far: yes im aware thanks! hehe

Ok so I suck at this Christmas thing... :( Should I re-wrap it? I can act all excited again on Xmas morning about the wonderful gift she got me... really I can! And I'm not even going to tell you all what it was so that way when I re-open it, it can be a surprise for everyone!!

See how I just fixed the situation?! See what I did right there? See that!

God im brilliant! (just go with me on this one, no snarky remarks lol)

Stay Pretty ;)

Labels: ,

10 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

first, its true, it was medical tape... WHAT... stop laughing ok, i had nothing else and i really was not in the mood to go to the store to get the proper wrapping tape. besides Harry Potter was on and the round glasses just gets me every time! and also i put ribbons damn it RIBBONS!!! my nikname is bitchalina for a reason. i don't do ribbons for everyone!

annnnnyway, i hope you liked it, i heart you too. you are my cool, hysterically funny, very odd, and exceptionally beautiful LUBER and you always will be. and no, i will not be changing my relationship status on ? website anytime soon!

MERRRRYYY Christmas...

Far said...

bahahahaaaaaaa omg i cant believe it actually was medical tape!!! Party in da GHETTO!! Luvs u crazy!

If your body is a temple, mine must be a mansion! said...

Funny - that is the everlasting argument in my house... if my hub or I receive a gift in the mail or such - I believe it is OK to open before Christmas... he does not... I am getting better at waiting, but the suspense is just too much to bear sometimes! Happy Holidays and enjoy your tree!!!

Unknown said...

Any gifts given early are total fair game. This rule only applies prior to Christmas Eve though. That night it goes under the tree until the next day.

Andy - Instafather said...

I agree with Jossie. But you can definitely re-wrap it and act surprised. It's not like regifting, which is not cool.

Kendall said...

I'm one of those weird people who won't open anything other than cards until Christmas, I suppose it's the kid in me.

Oh wow, medical tape? That's something I would do.

Bon Don said...

Awww you're so cute! HAHAHAHA

we won't hold it against you, it is your first Christmas afterall! re-wrap and act surprised again!

S. said...

Considering it's your first [kinda] Christmas, I think Santa will go easy on you so long as you leave him Eggnog to wash down those cookies! =)

KA said...

lol just put it back under the tree and not use it until christmas... or u could just say screw it.

QueenBeeing said...

LOL! Love it. And, I do have to agree with Jossie--gifts given early are fair game, unless specifically clarified. :)


Email Me :)

Like my blog? Wanna say hi or tell me I suck? Want my advice cuz you think im qualified to give it? Then email me cuz I'd love to hear from you! Everydaysoap@gmail.com

Followers

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

About Me

My photo
The in's and out's of my sometimes crazy, almost always amusing life.... A little beauty, a little gossip, a little humor... a little of just about everything ;)

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Awards ;)

    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    

    Im a member of...