I realized something over the weekend...

Gingerbreadhousing alone sucks!

I had originally bought this gingerbread house kit cuz I thought it would be something cute to do with either my nephews or my girls... yeah well I was bored Friday night and grumpy and so despite repeated attempts by friends to get me out of the house I stayed in and gingerbreadhoused it up!

I had big thoughts of how fun it would be since I love being crafty and creative & the idea that I would get to eat it all after was already making my mouth water even before I started. I finished the making of this ginger house in about 30 minutes.... ok so it didnt quite occupy my entire evening as I thought it might but thats ok because that left me the entire night to munch at it in front of the tv....

Another thing I realized this weekend.... gingerbread houses are not so yummy when every bite is mixed with sour or chewy candy! I started with the roof mostly because it was the easiest to get to, gingerbread, icing & sour tarts are NOT I repeat NOT a good mix! YUCK... ok so I gave it a second shot and tried to stay away from the sour stuff, this time I got a chewy piece... again YUCK!

I gave up after 2 bites and my Friday night plans of eating that entire house were foiled by candy, who would have thunk it!! SO anyone want some gingerbread house??! I thought ok I just took a tiny piece off the roof I can still display it for a few days to show off my hard or not so hard work but the smell is starting to make me puke a little in my mouth every time I go near it now cuz I keep remembering the taste of the horrible mixture SO its going in the trash tonight!

Pretty to look at but not to taste!



ps- Dont make fun of my G-house makin skills... I tried and the damn icing bag hole was too big... lol

Stay Pretty ;)

Labels:

15 COMMENTS:

ReRe said...

NEVER eat the house!!!! they are made to be cute decorations, not to consume!!! they need to start putting that on the box

Juanita Harris said...

Very cute house! Yeah, I don't usually eat them, but my kids do. Your right, they're not good to eat, and much more fun when making them with someone.

Unknown said...

Very cute! I never eat them. They taste like complete crap :-(

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

That house is really cute. You should leave it up somewhere in your house, instead of eating it ... because it's so festive!

Anonymous said...

Omg you didn't wait for me!!! :( I was totally looking forward to it too!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks great btw! :) I would come and eat some - hehehe...

Anonymous said...

hey - you have quite the piping skills hun! I totally love your GBH. I wouldn't be able to make one with someone else - I'd be too opinionated about what went where which defeats the whole purpose I suppose!

Andy - Instafather said...

That looks excellent, but you're right, they don't taste good. It's a fallacy.

Mistress Meeyee said...

It's cute but they do taste like crap.

Liana said...

the candy is always crappy on gingerbread houses!!! but it looks super cute!!

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy.

You have mad g-house makin' skillses.

curryegg said...

Gingerbread house! haha..seriously, I don't eat it as well. For decoration.. :)

Thank for joining I'm a blogger group in FB. happy to have you there.. and you have a beautiful blog!

^_^

Mandy said...

My mom and I always make gingerbread houses, but only to display. Once a few years ago I tried to eat a piece and it was horrible! I've learned to NEVER eat them. And it always take two sometimes three of us to assemble our houses...

Born with a big mouth! said...

ha!! I can almost see you sptting out pieces of your house as you tried to eat it!! made me laugh!!

sorry it sucked!

Mich said...

its adorable! i love it!


Email Me :)

Like my blog? Wanna say hi or tell me I suck? Want my advice cuz you think im qualified to give it? Then email me cuz I'd love to hear from you! Everydaysoap@gmail.com

Followers

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

About Me

My photo
The in's and out's of my sometimes crazy, almost always amusing life.... A little beauty, a little gossip, a little humor... a little of just about everything ;)

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Awards ;)

    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    

    Im a member of...