Would you say something?

Have you ever been in a store, taken item to the cash and been charged less than you were supposed to? What did you do? Did you tell the cashier their mistake or just keep quiet?

This has happened to me twice this week...

Bath & Body works is having a sale and it was buy 2 get one free so I'm thinking great I gather my items 2 Fig & Brown Sugar body lotions & 1 Fig & Brown Sugar body pray. I love this scent and its now discontinued. I also picked up their rose blame or whatever its called that can be used on lips, elbows,face & cuticles.

I'm up at the cash and the girl cant find the sku for the sale so she asks the guy to her right and he says oh just punch it in and take off a zero. She does this and lets me know my total is $19.95.....

I know this isnt correct or rather I thought something was up since it didnt quite make sense however I wasnt about to say something I mean what if I was wrong.

After I left I checked the bill and noticed she charged me for ONE and have me TWO free!

Then yesterday I was with Mr.25 and we headed to this flee market near his place and there was a Revlon sale there so I was like hellz yeah lets go! I ended up picking up some transparent pvc bags for my kit and Revlons Bare It All luminzing lotion in 2 colors.
The lotions were 2 for $5 but when I got to the cash the guy only charged me a $1 each...

I felt kinda bad when I left but didn't say anything... truthfully I'm not sure I ever would unless it was a HUGE difference....

What would you do? Would you correct their mistake?

Stay Pretty ;)

Labels: ,

10 COMMENTS:

Katie said...

At Bath and Body works? No. I wouldn't say anything. Their stuff is over priced anyway, love.

Once though I was in a hospital cafeteria, and the woman gave me change for a 20 and I only have her a 10. The people under that roof had my grandfather's life in their hands, so I didn't need any bad Karma.

Funny how I don't consider B&B Works finagling as bad Karma though.

Pretty Unfamous said...

If I catch the mistake while I'm at the register, I'll say something. If I don't catch it, well, obviously, I can't say anything.

Cindy said...

i probably wouldn't, but I'd feel guilty all day :)

Optimistic Pessimist said...

Nope...not a word!

Unknown said...

lol nope i wont say anything at all...hehe

KA said...

honestly, probably not. Not because I'm dishonest, but sometimes I'm just lazy.

Serena said...

Wouldn't say a word. I figure we're owed the occasional treat after the company and government screw everyone out of their pay checks lol

Jillian said...

so i feel lame saying i would while everyone says no...LOL

if i knew it at the time..like at bath & bodyworks i probably would...but after the fact i damn sure wouldn't go back...

Anonymous said...

This is a no brainer for me. Of course say something...even go back to the store or give a call if I notice. It is creating the world I want to live in...one where honesty and working together are key values. One where ill gotten gains are not considered gains. One where the feeling of guilt gently informs me of the right next action. Having worked in the service industry I have greatly appreciated when folks have pointed out an error in billing. Sometimes I've had the power to say, no worries my mistake and other times I've said thanks for the honesty I'll retotal that for you. A treat ill gained is not a treat. A treat gained through another person's error isn't a treat. Cash register honesty, as I've heard this situation referred to, is foundational for honesty and ethical decisions in the more complicated situations in life. Would I want the error pointed out to me if I was the one who undercharged...you bet! Corporations that I choose to give my money to don't "owe" me anything because they have expensive products that I choose to buy.

Wonderful said...

I agree with Katie, Bath and Body works stuff is overpriced, so I wouldn't have said anything either.


Email Me :)

Like my blog? Wanna say hi or tell me I suck? Want my advice cuz you think im qualified to give it? Then email me cuz I'd love to hear from you! Everydaysoap@gmail.com

Followers

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

About Me

My photo
The in's and out's of my sometimes crazy, almost always amusing life.... A little beauty, a little gossip, a little humor... a little of just about everything ;)

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Awards ;)

    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    

    Im a member of...