I feel so helpless....

Mr.25 is on strike and is sad and slightly depressed about it...
-Twenty-four thousand inside and outside workers — virtually the entire municipal civil service workers are now on strike-

They don't know how long they will be on strike but in the meantime they don't get paid.
He didn't even want to strike but when you're part of a union...well you have no choice.
It could last up to a month.... with NO pay... ok well sorry if you picket every freakin day 7am-11am you get a VERY minimal amount per week... enough to pay lets say your cell phone bill.

I feel so helpless, I don't know what I can say or do to make things better... plus I'm sure having a gf hasn't been kind to his wallet since he insists on taking care of the bill...

Poor guy, I hope this gets resolved soon....

Labels: ,

3 COMMENTS:

Jillian said...

tough situation...its not like losing losing your job but kind of..i've lost my job before..

i'd say the best thing you can do is to just be there for him..you know...a reliable confidant for him....when men get in situations like this, the best gift you can give them is your loyalty and willingness to stick with him through this...

as far as the money side...don't make it too too obvious (men have their egos)...but you know make suggestions like staying in to eat and cooking...oooor you bring something over etc...there are ways you can curb their male need to be the provider...we know how to be subtle and make them think it was their idea lol....

i'm sending good vibes your way..in hopes this ends sooner than later!!

Chin up F to the A-R.... :) he's lucky to have someone like you by his side :)

Kat Argonza said...

This is why I hate unions... they keep doing stuff like this and the people who suffer are guys like Mr 25. And it's usually just a bid for more money that no one gets to see.

Cindy said...

I remember my parents did this about a year ago, and it was tough. I helped them as much as I could, but it was a struggle to get back to normal.

Hope everything gets better, and works out for him and you!


Email Me :)

Like my blog? Wanna say hi or tell me I suck? Want my advice cuz you think im qualified to give it? Then email me cuz I'd love to hear from you! Everydaysoap@gmail.com

Followers

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

About Me

My photo
The in's and out's of my sometimes crazy, almost always amusing life.... A little beauty, a little gossip, a little humor... a little of just about everything ;)

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Awards ;)

    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    

    Im a member of...