Are you a Compulsive Hoarding?

Last night I watched the series premier of Hoarders on A&E. A show about compulsive hoarders, people who keep any and everything because they simply cant bear to part with it.

Wikipedia describes it as:
Compulsive hoarding (or pathological hoarding) is the acquisition of, and failure to use or discard, such a large number of seemingly useless possessions that it causes significant clutter and impairment to basic living activities such as mobility, cooking, cleaning, showering or sleeping. A person who engages in compulsive hoarding is commonly said to be a "pack rat", in reference to that animal's apparent fondness for material objects.

Anyway after watching the show and seeing some of the nastiest images of living conditions I have ever seen in the western world I have come to the conclusion that I need to throw things away more!

Here are some images of hoarding I found online.

Its no where as bad as those on the show who couldn't even walk through the house because "stuff" covered the floors. I simply have one room that has a lot of things from my old condo in boxes. Kinda like a storage room. I keep things because I "may" need them one day but screw that shit I'm throwing everything out this month.

There is no way in hell I'm becoming like them!

Its weird because the rest of my house is uncluttered & minimalistic but its that one room! Doesn't everyone have one room they use as storage?

Anyone want a FREE 42" Samsung TV? lol ... no seriously if you're in the Toronto area email me!

Operation clean up is underway!

Labels:

4 COMMENTS:

AC said...

I watched the show too...the "laundry carpet" that was covered for 2 months, and the family of 5 that ate dinner together on the parents' bed, oh and the lady who ate very expired food (same lady that said her eggs that were sitting in her fridge were too "pretty" to eat!). Yikes!!!!

I was thinking I need to start going through my stuff too and pitching things out!!!

Melly Mel said...

I heard a news show talk about it and to me it's not a disorder, it's just plane disgusting people. I doubt you're like them. We all have that one room for storage. But other than that, it's just out of hand not a disorder. Soon enough there is going to be a pill for that.

Mich said...

i saw previews about that show and it made me cringe! i keep alot of random things i dont need (much like your storage room) but no where near as bad as that!

omg i would totally take that TV off your hands if i lived in the area. too bad shipping it to my home would probably cost more than the tv is worth! haha

Anonymous said...

WOW I could never live in that kind of clutter... oh lordy. I live in Toronto but I just bought a new TV - damn!


Email Me :)

Like my blog? Wanna say hi or tell me I suck? Want my advice cuz you think im qualified to give it? Then email me cuz I'd love to hear from you! Everydaysoap@gmail.com

Followers

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

About Me

My photo
The in's and out's of my sometimes crazy, almost always amusing life.... A little beauty, a little gossip, a little humor... a little of just about everything ;)

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Awards ;)

    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    

    Im a member of...